Classic Caesar Salad, Parmesan Crisps, Brown Butter Thyme Croutons
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp white pepper, ground
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 anchovy filet
- 2 fl oz milk
- Soak anchovy filet in 2 fl oz milk for about 30 minutes to remove saltiness.
- Remove anchovy from milk and pat dry on paper towel.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until incorporated (about 10-15 seconds).
- Store in plastic container and refrigerate.
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese in an even layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven until golden brown (about 30 minutes). Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Once cold, break into small chips and store in a plastic container at room temperature.
Brown Butter-Thyme Croutons
- ½ stick of butter
- 12 slices of english muffin bread, frozen
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Dice frozen bread into ½ inch cubes.
- Place bread in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauté pan over medium-high heat; melt butter until just browned. Remove from heat and add fresh thyme.
- Pour butter mixture over bread and fold gently.
- Place mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake until crispy (about 30 minutes).
- Store in a plastic container at room temperature.
- 40 Baby Romaine Leaves
- ½ cup Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup Parmesan Crackers
- 40 Brown Butter-Thyme Croutons
- 8 Lemon Wedges
In a large mixing bowl, gently toss Romaine Leaves with Caesar Dressing until thoroughly mixed. Divide leaves among each of 8 serving plates. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Parmesan Crackers around the Romaine Leaves and follow with five Brown Butter-Thyme Croutons. Garnish with 1 Lemon Wedge and offer with freshly cracked black pepper.