Strawberry & Arugula Salad
20 large strawberries, hulled and split lengthwise
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp sugar
In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and lime juice until sugars dissolve.
Toss strawberries in sugar mixture and coat evenly.
Store in plastic container and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
2 fl oz cup water
¼ cup sugar
5 garlic cloves
1 cinnamon stick, whole
7 cloves, whole
7 sprigs of thyme
5 black peppercorns, whole
1 tsp kosher salt
8 fl oz balsamic vinegar
In a 1 qt saucepot over medium-high heat, bring all ingredients (except balsamic vinegar) to a simmer and cook until water evaporates.
Gently pour in vinegar and simmer until mixture is reduced by half.
Once reduced, strain through a fine mesh sieve (discard aromatics) and set aside to cool.
- 8 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cup Toasted Pistachios, crushed
Balsamic Gastrique, cold
Black Pepper, ground
- Place Baby Arugula in a mixing bowl and toss with 2 fl oz of Olive Oil, ½ tsp Salt and ¼ tsp Black Pepper. Divide Baby Arugula among 8 serving bowls.
- Top salads with 1 Tbsp each of Goat Cheese crumbles and Toasted Pistachios.
- Place two Macerated Strawberry halves around the greens and 3 in the center.
- Swirl 1 Tbsp Balsamic Gastrique around and over the greens. Finish with some freshly ground black pepper.