- 2 Qts. Greek Yogurt, whole milk
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Place four large layers of cheesecloth over a colander (leave plenty of overhang).
- Pour yogurt mixture into center of cheesecloth. Lift sides of overhanging cheesecloth to form a pouch (some water will leak out from the yogurt and that is expected).
- Twist the pouch until the yogurt forms a tight ball and tie into a knot. Hang in refrigerator for 3 days with a bowl underneath to catch excess water.
- After 3 days, remove yogurt from cheesecloth and store into a container with a tight lid.
- Serve with Aleppo pepper, dried mint, olive oil and fresh pita.